RMW architecture & interiors, is an innovative, award-winning architecture and interior design firm, with a collaborative culture. Our mission is to design engaging workplaces for great companies. We are currently experiencing exciting growth and seek a Director of Interior Design to play a pivotal role in our San Francisco studio.
Essential Function: Lead our interior design initiatives, manage client expectations and direct our seasoned design team in all aspects of the design process.
- Guide and advises design teams on projects, providing overall design direction to ensure consistent and high-quality design throughout the business unit.
- Utilize knowledge of furniture, fixture, and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art, signage, color and materials to carry out design intent.
- Keep well connected with manufacturers and design industry to ensure access to newest and most innovative products and services available, and maintains leading edge prominence within the industry.
- Keep abreast of new products, trends, technology, and business sector growth.
- Be responsible for conceptual design excellence; initiates project design concepts and idea discussions, and provide guidance to design teams during project design development.
- Conduct research and seek a thorough understanding of client needs for project requirements and design solution opportunities.
- Engage clients in explorations that respectfully challenge their understanding of appropriate interior design solutions.
- Communicate design intent in a clear and compelling way; demonstrate the incorporation of client’s requirements and goals within design solution.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of design presentations to clients and drive consultant work to achieve design goals.
- Foster a commitment to external and internal client service.
The Ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant talent in design, design development and project leadership for large-scale interior design projects.
- Advanced knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art, signage, color and materials to carry out design intent.
- Ability to manage the design group with a collaborative leadership style which places value on relationships, both internal and external.
- Ability to think strategically, implements change, enforces policy and resolves conflict.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
- Proven ability to prioritize oneself and the work of others in order to meet deadlines and provide high-quality service to clients.
- Proven ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with external clients and internal staff.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Revit and BIM is preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software required
Education / Certification / Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 plus years’ experience in interior design.
- Must be professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
For consideration, please email your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title on the email subject. No phone calls please.
RMW architecture & interiors is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.