RMW architecture & interiors, is an innovative, award-winning architecture and interior design firm, with a collaborative culture. Our mission is to design engaging workplaces for great companies. We are currently experiencing exciting growth and seek an Intermediate Interior Designer to play a pivotal role in our Sacramento studio.
Essential Functions: Work independently on small-scale projects or within a larger design team on larger, more complex projects. Design and documentation for corporate interior design projects, including schematic design tasks and design development. Development of space plans, pricing plans, FF&E selection and specifications of products and materials.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Problem-solving skills with strong sense of design, color, and materials.
- Ability to research and complete material and finish selections.
- Experience in selection and specification of systems furniture, free-standing furniture, and coordination with furniture dealers.
- Understanding of building codes and material costs.
- Experience in understanding of major consultants’ work, and ability to interpret their plans and specifications.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and to work within a team structure.
- Strong presentation skills and client communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a strong aptitude for learning.
Education / Certification / Experience Requirement:
- NCIDQ certification/Certified Interior Designer preferred; Professional degree or recognized equivalent. LEED Accredited Professional a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate and industrial interior design on small and medium size projects.
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Experience in production of working drawings and design.
- Professional degree or recognized equivalent.
- LEED Accredited Professional a plus.
For consideration, please email your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title on the email subject line. No phone calls, please. RMW architecture & interiors is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.