RMW architecture & interiors, is an innovative, award-winning architecture and interior design firm, with a collaborative culture. Our mission is to design engaging workplaces for great companies. We are currently experiencing exciting growth and seek a Job Captain to play a pivotal role in our Sacramento studio.
Provides project coordination and documentation required for agency approval, bidding purposes and construction. Responsible for the architectural planning as it relates to setting up a project from the Schematic Design Phase, architectural CAD drafting, detailing, construction materials, specifications, building codes / approvals process and construction. Coordinates major consultants work and interpret their plans and specifications. Works directly with the client on both architectural and interiors projects.
- Responsible for the preparation of design development and construction documents under the guidance of a Project Manager.
- Assists in investigation and design of project(s).
- Prepares cartoon working drawing set during Schematic Design phase in coordination with project plan.
- Responsible for coordination with Project Manager/Project Architect and disseminating to project team the project schedule and budget.
- Select method of drawing presentation during Schematic Design / Design Development to provide for maximum reuse of documents.
- Directs team with general direction from Project Manager/Project Architect during each phase of documentation.
- Provides supervision and quality control review of the team.
- Coordinates with consultants during each phase of documentation.
- Coordinates with cost estimator during Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documentation phases.
Education / Certification / Experience Requirement:
- License preferred: Professional degree, or recognized equivalent.
- Generally, experience on medium size projects of 15,000 sq. ft. or more with budgets of $2-10 million in construction, and 5-7 years of experience are required for this position.
- Experience coordinating project resources, including project consultants.
- Experience in production of working drawings/architectural design.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and SketchUp.
- Experience in design development and detailing of all aspects highly desired.
- Substantial knowledge of construction documents and the ability to coordinate and set up project schedule, file system, and budget.
For consideration, please email your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title on the email subject line. No phone calls, please. RMW architecture & interiors is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.